Good to Know
- Welcome pack including coffee, tea, sugar, milk
- Dishwasher tablets & washing up liquid
- Tea towels, dish cloth, pan scrub
- Hand wash – in kitchen and bathrooms
- Bath linen – one face cloth, one bath sheet and one hand towel per person; and one bath mat per room
- Shower gel and shampoo in each bathroom
- Bed linen including feather and down pillows and duvets on each bed. If you would like hypo-allergenic bedding you must tell us in advance.
- Electricity – the first £35 is included
- Heating Oil – the first £50 is included
- Starter pack of logs and fire lighters for the wood burning stove
- Wifi – although be prepared for the signal to be weaker than you are used to at home!
Home deliveries of groceries are also available from Tesco and Asda. If you have prearranged a delivery to arrive prior to your arrival please let us know beforehand. Our address is Cuilcheanna House, Onich, Fort William, PH33 6SD
We have two dogs of our own – Brodie and Ciara, a black and chocolate Labrador respectively – and we wouldn’t dream of not taking them away on holiday with us. Therefore your four-legged doggy members of the family (maximum of 2) are welcome to come along and enjoy Cuilcheanna House with you. However Brodie and Ciara ask that you keep your dogs out of the bedrooms and off the furniture.
You will need to bring their own beds, but we provide towels for drying your dog. If you require a dog crate we can even provide one for you with prior notification. The garden is enclosed on all sides, however please note that determined dogs will be able to jump over the wall.
We have already mentioned the well equipped kitchen (and the more detailed list above) but let’s face it – when you’re on holiday you don’t always feel like cooking do you?! There are some fantastic places to eat out locally to suit all budgets and tastes. Although some of them only operate during the main tourist season of Easter – October so you’d be advised to check beforehand. Following are some of our recommendations….
The Loch Leven Seafood Cafe is a wonderful place and has become something of a destination in its own right. With a very informal atmosphere the food is second to none and it is equally popular with the locals too. Booking essential.
The Laroch Restaurant and Bar is a pub and restaurant specializing in local seasonal ingredients. The chef earned a Michelin star while he was at Ballachulish House Hotel a decade or so ago. Booking highly advised.
If you’re having a day out on the Isle of Mull, then you should stop off at the Whitehouse Restaurant at Lochaline when you get off the ferry. But make sure you get back to the Corran Narrows before the last ferry!
Entry & Exit
The house will be available from 4pm on the starting day of your let. Please do not arrive earlier than this without prior arrangement. We pride ourselves on our housekeeping standards and will require the optimal amount of time for cleaning the house in-between guests.
On the day of your departure we ask that you vacate the property by 10am.